OK :(
That was supposed to be a countdown to our wedding,
but instead it turned out to be a countdown to disaster..........
Kimmie and I had it all arranged.
The date, the place, the hotel, the wedding venue, and.......... the plane tickets............. only.........
the airlines have let us down.
Ok, not just the airlines, the weather too !!!!!!!!
Heavens!!!!!!!!
Let me explain:
All was A1, even after the months of preparation and the last minute passport scare (I nearly didn't go), so we packed up, each in our own country, and off we go :)
Unknowingly to me, my airline had OVERBOOKED my flight............... !!!!!!!!
You heard right: they sold my seat to someone else.
Apparently it's common practice.
The only thing that comes to mind, is that if it's common practice, how come the backup plan is not there ahead of time?
Bad practice I say.
Anyway, I ended up in Dublin airport, Ireland..... don't ask me how and why.......... to stay at a complementary hotel there (****), with free dinner, breakfast, airport shuttle and all, when I suddenly get a phone call from Kimmie telling me that her flight was canceled!!!!!!!!!!
Sacré Bleu!!!!!!!
She found herself stranded at the New York airport, not knowing what would happen, with no help, no phone, and being told there might not be another flight until monday (our supposedly last day at Las Vegas).
There was too much snow.
Straight away, I go back to the Dublin airport to talk to the airline representatives, but found that they only work in the morning: >>>>>>>> Part-timers!!!!!!!
I just couldn't believe it.
The woman of my life, on the eve of her wedding, was stranded at an airport, cold, hungry, sad and worried...
and there was nothing I could do.
She ended up there for nearly 24 hours.
The next morning I flew back to London, and Kimmie got picked up by a friend.
The wedding is cancelled :(
The only good thing I can think of, is that my flight was overbooked.
Had I gone to Las Vegas, I would have had to stay there 4 nights alone, thinking my bride was alone too.
Oh..... and the delicious guinness too :)
I am so sorry my darling love that you have had the rough end of the deal.... :(
20 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
je n'ai pas tout compris ... très mauvaise traduction ..... mais Pfffffff je n'ai pas de mot .... tous ces trajets pour rien ?
All is well that ends well though, Sylvain. It will all end up perfectly for us. I am safe now, thank God! And I love you even more, today. We will be together soon.
I love you too, my sweet darling, our love will stand all tests of trial.
I can't wait to have you in my arms again.
Krystal:
Merci de suivre ces evenements tragiques.
oui, la traduction est tres mauvaise :(
Simplement, Londres a vendue mon billet a quelqu'un d'autre, New York a annule l'avion de Kimmie a cause de la neige.
J'ai fait detourner mon billet VIA l'Irelande, mais en route j'ai apris la nouvelle de New York, donc je suis retourne a Londres, et Kimmie n'est jamais partie.
Tout a ete annule, et on recommence a zero.
Quelle triste histoire!!!!!!
Post a Comment